Without the enthusiasm and dedication of volunteers, The Ruth Bancroft Garden would not be here today. Volunteers are instrumental in maintaining the garden and supporting the organization. Volunteering at the Garden is a wonderful way to enjoy this exceptional garden and contribute to its success. We accept applications year-round.
Read below about our various volunteer opportunities at the garden.
Become a Garden Docent!
Now accepting applications for our docent enrichment program. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Construction (landscaping, irrigation)
- Gardening (weeding, planting)
- Greet visitors at admissions
- Encourage visitors to become members
- Orient visitors for self-guided tours
- Process admissions and sales (training provided)
- Weekly commitment of half day-shifts required; 8:45am-1pm or 12:45pm-4pm
- Front desk (answer phones, filing)
- Computer work (graphic design, data entry)
- Outreach (design, distribution, research)
- Marketing & Mailings
WEEKDAYS & WEEKENDS
Our annual Docent Training Program will prepare you to lead tours in the Garden. Contact our office for fees and course schedule information (925-944-9352).
Banner photo by John Ricca