The Coit Family Visitor & Education Center is Open!
Hurrah! Our world-renowned drought tolerant Ruth Bancroft Garden and Nursery opened the new Coit Family Visitor and Education Center on June 26th, 2019, at a public Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for over 300 Garden members, donors and guests.
The $5 million Coit Family Visitor and Education Center was completed with the support of over 400 individuals and private foundations.
The new 5,000 square foot Center, the first permanent building ever constructed at the Garden, will help welcome the over 15,000 people who visit the Garden year-round and provide a much-needed generous indoor multi-purpose classroom, community meeting space and special event site, as well as office space for the Garden staff.
The Coit Family Visitor and Education Center will help the Garden:
- Provide more workshops, tours, classes and educational symposia to strengthen Garden’s reputation in the scientific and landscaping community
- Expand education programs for children and students of all ages.
- Expanded space for classes, member and community events, and private event rentals.
- Provide ADA accessible restroom facilities and access to the Garden via a new paved and decomposed granite paths.
- Provide landscape inspiration, advice, and connection to designers and photographers.
A larger presence in the community will help spread the word about sustainable low-water landscaping – something that will make a huge difference in the changing environment. Community members will be able to rent the facility for private events, such as weddings and corporate retreats, which will bring additional revenue and visitors to the Garden.
We still need your help!
We have raised $4.875 million of the total $5.0 million project cost. We are confident that we can cross the finish line but we still need your help in our final push to reach our goal. Join the excitement by making a gift or multi-year pledge to this amazing project that will benefit the Ruth Bancroft Garden and our surrounding community. There are several specific projects where we need support.
Click here to see where you can help us finish Raising the Roof on our new building. Can we count on you?
Email email@example.com for more information.
Become a permanent part of the building with a donor tile
First-time gifts of $500 or more will be recognized with an artist-produced engraved tile to be mounted on the Garden’s new mosaic Welcome Wall. There are three sizes of tiles based on donation amount:
- $500-$2,499 = 9″ x 3″ tile. Includes 2 lines of text
- $2,500-$9,999 = 9″ x 6″ tile. Includes 2 lines of text
- $10,000 and up = 9″ x 9″ tile. Includes 3 lines of text
Thank you for your support.