Your donation to our Golden Barrel Fund will help us fulfill our important mission and continue building on Ruth’s vision for the Garden. As a nonprofit, we rely on the generous support of our community, Members and Donors to keep the Garden going and growing.
Double Your Donation
This year, the Ruth Bancroft Garden Board Members have graciously agreed to match up to $50,000 in donations made from November 1st to December 31st. 2022. When you donate during this time, your donation will have twice the impact!
- Grow appreciation for and knowledge of aloes, agaves, echeverias, cacti and other climate-appropriate plants
- Promote waterwise plants and home gardens through classes, workshops, and services
- Cultivate an understanding of the importance of our dry garden plant palette
- Provide free or discounted entry to the Garden through various partnerships and offerings
- Discover and Go
- Museums for All
- Free Admission for Children 4 and under
- Discounted Admission for Military, Students, Seniors and Children aged 5-17
- Further Ruth’s legacy by
- Preserving her vision and ensuring her presence is felt throughout the Garden
- Investing in the care of over 2,000 different plant species in the Garden
- Cultivating, maintaining and growing the collection
- Encourage planting drought-tolerant and climate-appropriate plants to
- Conserve water
- Promote creation of habitats for local pollinators: butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, etc
Ways to Support
When you support the Ruth Bancroft Garden you are helping sustain our environment and build a stronger community of Garden lovers and learners. The Garden’s mission is to preserve and develop Ruth’s exceptional collection of water-conserving plants and stunning garden design for the enjoyment of the public, and to educate adults and children about the important role that waterwise plants play in creating a sustainable environment.
Over half of the Garden’s annual operating costs are provided through memberships, contributions, and special fundraising social events. Thank you for your thoughtful and generous support which keeps Ruth’s Garden growing!
First time donors who give $500 or more are eligible for a special donor tile that will be part of the welcome walls which face the Nursery and greet visitors. Click here for more details about donor tiles.
Sustaining Donors: You may also become a Sustaining Donor to the Garden with a monthly or annual recurring donation. click here
Tribute Gifts & Planned Giving
Your donation, in tribute, honor or memoriam for a beloved friend or family member provides a lasting memory and helps enable the Garden to fulfill its mission. The Ruth Bancroft Garden’s Legacy Society honors those who have thoughtfully expressed their long-term commitment to the Garden by making a bequest or other planned gift.
Gifts in tribute, honor or memory of a loved one, CLICK HERE
Does your employer have a matching gifts program? Find out more here
Every time you shop on AmazonSmile, a percentage of your purchase can be donated back to the Ruth Bancroft Garden! At no cost to you, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase to the Ruth Bancroft Garden when you designate us as your charitable organization of choice.
To get started, visit https://smile.amazon.com and login with your regular Amazon account information, select The Ruth Bancroft Garden as your charitable organization, then start shopping!
We’ll only receive donations from purchases made through Smile.Amazon.com directly, rather than through Amazon.com, so be sure to bookmark www.smile.amazon.com!
Our organization will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations