Support the Garden – Donate Today!
When you support The Ruth Bancroft Garden you are helping sustain our environment and build a stronger community of Garden lovers and learners. The Garden’s mission is to preserve and develop Ruth’s exceptional collection of water-conserving plants and stunning garden design for the enjoyment of the public, and to educate adults and children about the important role that water-wise plants play in creating a sustainable environment.
Your donation to our Golden Barrel Fund will help us fulfill our important mission and continue building on Ruth’s vision for the Garden.
Over half of the Garden’s annual operating costs are provided through memberships, contributions, and special fundraising social events. Each season we evaluate and designate critical projects for which we seek funding. Listed below are several of our current projects that we will use your generous donations to the Golden Barrel Fund in order to achieve. Thank you for your thoughtful and generous support which keeps Ruth’s Garden growing!
Gardens, like people, need care and attention to grow and flourish. Taking care of the Garden today preserves it for the future. Three of our most important preservation projects which your gift will help fund are:
- New Signage – to ensure that visitors can more easily see the Garden entrance as they approach on Bancroft Rd. we need two lighted signs, one for the Garden entrance, and one for the building. Signage expenses include design, permitting, manufacturing and installation.
- Overflow Parking Lot Improvements – the concrete at the very back, “overflow” area of the parking lot needs resurfacing so that it is level and safe for cars and guests. Permanent lighting is also needed in this area for greater guest safety, especially during evening events.
- Tree Care – properly pruning and trimming the Garden’s many trees is essential to their health and beauty. Tree replacement is also needed as trees reach the end of their natural lifespan.
- Folly Complex Reconstruction – after almost 50 years, the historic Folly complex comprised of the gazebo and connecting twin shade-houses needs to be completely rebuilt. This will be a multi-year project to preserve this iconic piece of the Garden.
We will re-build and re-plant to meet these challenges, but we need help from all of you to accomplish this.
We are continually exploring new ways to improve and expand our educational programs for adults and children, and to make sure our programs serve as diverse a population as possible so that we are an inclusive garden for all. Current specific projects which Golden Barrel donations will help fund:
- New Outdoor Education Area “the Nook” – creating a dedicated area in the southeast corner of the Garden that will be re-landscaped with sensory plants that can be safely touched and smelled, and a water feature. It will also have a natural seating area, creating a much needed space for our outdoor adult and children’s education programs.
- Expansion of Children’s Programs – we endeavor to continually grow our children’s education offerings to cultivate a lifelong appreciation for nature and our unique plant collection for this next generation. See our latest offerings here.
- Multi-lingual visitor material and programs – we look forward to being able to offer our Self Guided Tour Books — adult and child versions — in languages beyond English, and to offer Spanish language sessions of our upcoming Story time in the Garden.
Donor Tiles: First time donors who give $500 or more are eligible for a special donor tile that will be part of the welcome walls which face the Nursery and greet visitors. Click here for more details about donor tiles.
Sustaining Donors: You may also become a Sustaining Donor to the Garden with a monthly or annual recurring donation. click here
Tribute Gifts & Planned Giving
Your donation, in tribute, honor or memoriam for a beloved friend or family member provides a lasting memory and helps enable the Garden to fulfill its mission. The Ruth Bancroft Garden’s Legacy Society honors those who have thoughtfully expressed their long-term commitment to the Garden by making a bequest or other planned gift.
Gifts in tribute, honor or memory of a loved one, CLICK HERE
Planned gifts, CLICK HERE
You can also Support Us when you shop on Amazon.
Did you know that every time you shop on AmazonSmile, a percentage of your purchase can be donated back to The Ruth Bancroft Garden? At no cost to you, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase to The Ruth Bancroft Garden when you designate us as your charitable organization of choice.
To get started, visit https://smile.amazon.com and login with your regular Amazon account information, select The Ruth Bancroft Garden as your charitable organization, then start shopping!
We’ll only receive donations from purchases made through Smile.Amazon.com directly, rather than through Amazon.com, so be sure to bookmark www.smile.amazon.com!
THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS
The Ruth Bancroft Garden is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, EIN 68-0310041.
Banner photo by Saxon Holt