Photography Session Request
If you are interested in having your photo shoot in the Garden, please fill out the form below. Please be sure to expand and review our Photography Policies and check the box to agree to these policies when you submit your form. Photo sessions must take place after garden hours and needs to be made at least two weeks in advance.
Note: We do not accept Photography Session Requests from November 11th – January 2nd during Garden of D’Lights.
Spring & Summer (March-October) shoots start at 4:00pm Tuesday-Thursday. and 5:00pm Friday- Sunday.
Fall & Winter (November-February) shoots start Tuesday-Sunday at 4:00 pm.
No 45 min sessions. Max 2 families per hour session. Requests made less than 2 weeks in advance are subject to a $50 rush fee.`
We will happily reschedule your photoshoot if the request is made within 24 hours of your scheduled shoot. Refunds are not accepted.
The Ruth Bancroft Garden (RBG) is delighted that you are considering our location for your photos. To ensure a positive experience for you, while maintaining a pleasant experience for our many visitors, please be aware of the rules and guidelines outlined below. We are a nonprofit educational Garden and photography fees go to support our programs.
- Courtesy to Garden visitors must be observed by all photographers and their clients at all times.
- All aspects of a photo shoot must remain on the pathways at all times. No person may walk, pose or set up photography equipment except on such areas.
- Obstruction of Garden paths should be as limited as possible to allow for visitors to pass through. If obstruction is unavoidable limit the timeframe to 15 minutes.
- No photographer, clients or equipment will be allowed in plant beds at any time.
- The Garden will not accept deliveries or be responsible for any personal property belonging to photographer or photographer’s client(s).
- The Garden reserves the right to monitor a photo shoot to ensure compliance with these policies.
- Climbing of trees and walking into shrubbery or plant communities is forbidden.
- No plant may be removed or permanently modified in any manner under any circumstances.
- Tieback of foliage must be approved and done by an RBG gardener. Under no circumstances are guest allowed to alter plant foliage.
- No decorations, temporary fixtures, or other objects may be affixed to plants, trees, woodwork, buildings or any architectural feature unless specifically approved in advance by the Event Coordinator.
- No rice, aerosol streamers, rose and other flower petals, Spanish moss, pampas grass, plastic or confetti of any kind may be thrown or placed anywhere on the premises. Anything brought onto the premises-including in the Garden-must be taken back without leaving a trace.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Garden under any circumstances.
- Recreational consumption of alcohol associated with the photo shoot is prohibited.
- Fireworks of any kind or any open flame devices are prohibited.
- Nude photography or its near equivalent is prohibited.
- Excessive noise or other objectionable behavior that hinders other visitors’ enjoyment of the Garden is prohibited.
- RBG is not responsible for lost, mislaid or stolen property.
- Violation of the terms of this agreement may result in cancellation of the photo session, in which case fees will not be refunded. Significant violations may result in the denial of future photography privileges.
In the event of rain, the photographer may choose to reschedule or cancel the shoot. If canceled due to weather all fees will be refunded. RBG reserves the right to cancel any photoshoot reservation in case of emergency or Garden operational situation, as determined by the Event Coordinator. In such case, all fees will be refunded.
Banner photo by Olivia Smartt