Workshops, Webinars, Classes & More!
Education for both Children and Adults
As a part of our mission, the Ruth Bancroft Garden and Nursery aims to educate the public about the importance and beauty of water conservation and waterwise gardening. Check out our upcoming events:
Webinars & In-Person Classes & Series
Our Education department works hard to cultivate workshops, classes and educational series that will inspire your creativity, spark your intellectual curiosity, and curate an appreciation for climate-appropriate gardening.
Workshops & Story Times
Our Children’s Education Manager, Miss Marie, is always looking for new and interactive ways to educate our children about the importance of plants, conservation, and sustainability! Join us at the Garden for fun craftivities, sing-a-longs, and bilingual story times!
We offer a variety of educational opportunities for Children here at the Garden:
- Workshop Wednesdays – an interactive craftivity on the plaza for all ages
- Story Time Thursdays – stories, sing-a-longs, and crafts in the Garden
- Children’s Bingo – a special scavenger hunt in the Garden just for your little ones
Free | Children 4 and under
$5 | Children aged 5-17
We host classes with outside lecturers as well as workshops, webinars and series that our Education Department have created from the ground up! Here are just a few of our educational offerings
- Dry Garden Botany Series – For the plant enthusiast looking for a deep-dive into the Garden’s plant collection
- Dry Garden Design Certificate Program – For the avid gardener looking to learn more about landscape design through the lens of dry gardening
- Golden Jubilee Exhibit – For those seeking knowledge of the Gardens past, present and future