Bay Area Designer Plant Fair
Wednesday, October 4th from 4pm-8pm
Hosted by the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) and the Ruth Bancroft Garden and Nursery.
This fair is a time for growers to show off their plants to landscape professionals who use them to design amazing climate-resilient landscapes. It’s also a time for educators of future landscape designers to promote their programs.
Hope to see you there,
Sue and Cricket
- Lots of super plant-savvy landscape designers from all over Northern California.
- Landscape contractors from all over the Bay Area.
- Landscape design students (your future customers!).
- Educators from local horticulture and landscape design programs.
- Professionals looking to expand their plant palettes with new and interesting introductions.
What We Need from You!
- Up to 12 new and/or exciting or unusual plants for you to feature/display/sell at the event, and to select two out of those to raffle off.
- A prepared, 5-minute-only presentation about your auction plant. (Please keep it brief: introduce yourself and your nursery, tell us about your plant palette, and present up to 2 plants for the raffle.)
- A list of the plants you’ll feature (if you bring an 8.5×11 printout, we can have acrylic display sign holders for you to use). (Sue is more than happy to format this and print it out for you if you send her the list of plants.)
- A desire to reach out to the landscape professional community and show them what you can offer.
- For educators: information about your horticulture and/or landscape design programs.
What We Provide for You!
- A 3 x 6 table to display your plants (you can use the ground surrounding the table, too).
- A venue for presenting your plants.
- Wi-fi (in case you need it to sell plants).
- Access to invested customers who care about what you have to offer.
This year, we are asking vendors to pay a modest $50 tabling fee, to help cover the cost of dinner. Pay here
No more than 2 representatives per vendor, please.
Free water will be available throughout the event (we will have cups, but feel free to bring your own reusable bottle), and one non-alcoholic drink ticket will be given to up to two participants per vendor. More non-alcoholic drinks will be available for sale at the kiosk.
We will need everyone to send us a JPEG image of their logo, as well as the names and titles of their representatives, so we can display it in a slideshow as vendors present their plants.
If you need to ship your plants to RBG prior to the event, please email Sue directly and schedule this with her, so she knows to expect it. If you would like to sell any of the plants you aren’t raffling off, we can provide you with wi-fi access, but that is all we can do.
If you would like to donate your leftover plants to RBG after the event, which some folks did last year (and we thank you very much), please let Sue know in advance.
The nursery will be open throughout the entire event. We are happy to box and hold your plants until the end of the evening.
Setup begins at 3:15. Please do not come earlier than that. Check in with Sue. We will have volunteers available to help you set up, and we have plenty of carts for transporting plants. After setup, we will need you to move your vehicle to a designated parking area on the Bancroft private property, to make parking available to attendees. Please make sure your vehicle is no larger than a 16-foot moving truck.