Membership Sales Host – Part time
(open as of March 10, 2021)
The Ruth Bancroft Garden is a nationally significant collection and display of drought tolerant plants from arid regions of the world which Ruth Bancroft found can thrive in the inland coastal region of California. The Garden is a public, non-profit organization, open for tours with a thriving retail plant nursery 6 days a week. The Garden has over 4300 members in 2021. The Membership Sales Host’s main responsibility is to welcome visitors and sell Garden memberships. The Sales Host may also be asked to assist Nursery staff with plant sales and help answer the phone on occasion. Other duties may be required as assigned.
This is a part-time position for Friday through Sunday 11am-5pm.
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key responsibility is to sell memberships to the visitors during their visit.
- Generate membership sales by selling the many values & benefits.
- Achieving profitable sales results.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Be well acquainted with our membership’s options.
- Stay informed of events, workshops, and services offered.
- Assist staff in the kiosk with processing transactions using Clover POS system.
- Keep records of all memberships sold, and income collected using provided forms and point of sale system.
- Assist with opening and closing the Garden on occasion.
- Follow procedures, guidelines and policies outlined by the Garden.
- Our Garden and Nursery is outside-so a love of the outdoors is a plus.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Customer oriented and the ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Sales and customer service experience, in an area such a as retail, is preferred.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Willingness to learn about the Garden and answer basic questions from the public.
- Ability to process payments and record income.
- Knowledge of succulent plants and/or gardening is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High school degree.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Nursery Manager at: email@example.com. Please put “Membership Sales Host” in the subject line.