Salary is dependent on level of experience. Starting range is $50,000 to $60,000 per year.
The Membership Manager (MM) manages all the organization’s membership marketing/retention/and growth efforts. They work with various departments to drive visitors, membership renewals and membership sign ups. The MM also manages all aspects of memberships including data entry oversight and renewal campaigns; this includes managing volunteers and working with outside printing vendors and agencies as needed.
As Membership Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall customer journey for our members; including developing and refining value propositions and collaborating to create content for the products and services that drive memberships. You will collaborate with the Marketing Team as well as Nursery and Kiosk staff to create and execute content and strategies to showcase membership benefits and drive membership growth and retention.
This role requires the ability to create compelling messages and content by synthesizing information from multiple sources (including interviews with customers and other departments), and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally to achieve membership goals.
The primary goal of the Membership Manager is to engage our current Membership base and focus on growth and outreach. This person will be responsible for building relationships with our Members as well as the Bay Area as a whole. The Membership Manager should establish the Ruth Bancroft Garden as a pillar of the community as well as a community in and of itself for its Members.
This is a full time, 40 hour a week position.
- Answer Member calls and emails in a timely manner
- Renewal Letters
- Come up with copy – include any monthly promotions
- Include member level pricing so that people know how much to renew for
- Membership Applications
- Place in file for volunteer to alphabetize
- Membership Packets
- Mail out weekly
- Volunteer puts together all the packet information, but they do sometimes need the promotional coupon. You can get this from Marketing Associate
- Mail out weekly
- Membership Promotions
- Brainstorm monthly promotions to encourage visitors to convert to members
- Work with Marketing Team to create any necessary signage, coupons, and or additional copy to sell the promotions
- Write up information about the promotion
- Relay all promotional info to the Marketing Team and the Kiosk Staff (Kiosk Assistant Manager specifically).
- Membership Events – the goal is to make the Garden feel like a community that our members are a part of. We want to offer more Member exclusive experiences. This is something that you will work on with our events team to create a schedule of events for our members. You should also brainstorm events that could facilitate an opportunity to convert visitors into Members down the line. What are events that would bring in the public, increase our brand awareness, and encourage people to become Members?
- Creation of New Membership Tiers
- Additional Membership Duties
- Look into other Gardens and the membership tiers that they offer
- Look into our tiers – are there any gaps that we need to fill?
- Broaden and diversify our demographic – brainstorm new ways to attract potential new members to the Garden
- Other Membership related duties as assigned..
- Manage RBG’s membership database (Altru) and the volunteers needed to maintain it, including updating membership profiles as needed and entering new memberships into the system.
- Direct email marketing efforts which includes Nursery e-newsletters and one-off campaigns. On most, if not all these communications, the MM will be working closely with department leads.
- Update email lists in Constant Contact from event RSVPs, new membership etc. (monthly)
- Assist the Nursery Manager and Kiosk Assistant Manager with membership sales training to improve membership conversion rate.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in communications, marketing, analytics or related field
- Excellent writer and content creator
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva
- Experience using Constant Contact, MailChimp, or other similar email marketing software.
- Interest in plants or gardening would be a huge plus!
The Ruth Bancroft Garden, Inc is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
To Apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com