Member/Donor Database Associate – part time (open as of May, 2019)
The Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery is hiring a part time (10-20 hours per week) Member/Donor Database Associate to manage and build our membership and donation database. This person will work alongside staff, and under the supervision of the Sales Director, to manage and market our membership program and our fundraising campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Process all income gift entry (donations, tributes, membership dues, grants, etc.) into donor database
2. Coordinate and conduct all data operations, including creating custom reports and queries for membership and development, duplicate checking, .
3. Generate, print, and mail membership cards & packets and donor acknowledgement letters, as well as any other fulfillment-related letters (replacement cards, staff memberships, etc.)
4. Provide customer service to current and prospective members
5. Initiate and execute new membership campaigns as needed with assistance of Sales and Marketing Directors.
6. Assist with database cleanliness by following standardized input standards, updating constituent records when applicable.
7. Provide research for ongoing process improvement of organization’s data management policies and practices.
8. Be the primary liaison with technical support for donor software.
9. Receive training as necessary to ensure organization is fully utilizing and understanding donor software capabilities.
10. Supervise and train volunteers to assist in mailings, correspondence and other departmental activities as directed.
11. Responsibilities also include supporting and training staff in use of Altru.
12. Provide support at garden events
13. Provide monthly membership status reports Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Membership and fundraising database experience and proficiency essential (Altru or related Blackbaud database software preferred); equivalent database experience considered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong process, planning, and implementation skills
- Creative problem solver and strategic and organized thinker
- Excellent time-management skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously under a variety of deadlines and other constraints
- Ability to understand and interpret instruction to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team; natural problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy with regard to handling data and executing reports
- Interest in plants or gardening would be a plus, but not required.
Salary starting at: $20 per hour
To apply: email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please put Database Associate in the subject line