For Immediate Hire: Kiosk Sales Assistant
(available as of May 8, 2020)
Full time: Wednesday – Sunday, 9:45AM-4:15PM/Fri, Sat, Sun, 9:45 – 5:15PM
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Ruth Bancroft Dry Garden is a nationally significant collection and display of drought tolerant plants from arid regions of the world which Ruth Bancroft found can thrive in the inland coastal region of California. The Garden is a public, non-profit organization, open for tours with a thriving retail plant nursery 6 days a week. The Garden has over 1,600 members and will have over 15,000 visitors in 2016. The Garden Host’s main responsibility is to focus on membership sales and improving the customer’s experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests as they arrive, collect admission fees, and orient them to the Garden and Nursery. Provide Self-guided Tour Booklets and any other information needed.
- Focus on selling memberships to non-members by informing them of the benefits.
- Provide excellent customer service to visitors and members to help ensure their experience is a positive one.
- Assist nursery staff in selling Garden merchandise.
- Keep records of all memberships sold and income collected using provided forms and point of sale system.
- Technical fluency with computers and point of sale is a must.
- Assist opening and closing the Garden. The Garden is open to the public in the summer from 10-4 during the week and 10-5 Fri-Sun. Winter hours are 10-4pm Tues-Sunday.
- Stay current on events by checking voicemails and assist with scheduling docent tours and group tours.
- Loves sales and customer service and has exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Must have a willingness to learn about the Garden and answer basic questions from the public.
- Ability to process payments and follow office paperwork procedures. Attention to detail is critical.
- Highly organized, process-oriented and proactive. A desire to be a self-starter and act before being asked is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Loves dealing with fast pace and changing needs.
- Knowledge of succulent plants and/or gardening is a plus.
Rate of Compensation: TBD based on sales experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Tracy Fletcher @ email@example.com and please put Kiosk Sales Assistant in the subject line.