Nursery Sales Assistant (open as of May 2019)
The Ruth Bancroft Garden, a public succulent and cacti garden and a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization in Walnut Creek, California is currently interviewing for a part-time Nursery Sales Assistant position. The Garden is a 3 ½ acre internationally significant collection of plants from arid regions of the world that Ruth Bancroft originally selected for their ability to thrive in the inland East San Francisco Bay region. The Garden’s nursery is an operation which generates a significant portion of the Garden’s annual budget and is important to the Garden’s mission and financial future.
Schedule: 24 hours a week, Thursday – Sunday.
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Compensation: $16 per hour for 3-month trial period, with potential increase awarded when position becomes permanent.
Nursery Sales Assistant Responsibilities
- Support daily plant sales which includes plant knowledge around succulent and cacti.
- Greet all customers as they enter the nursery sales area.
- Answer questions around our inventory which cacti and succulents.
- Ensure that the retail floor is always stocked and staged. This includes the ability to assist with moving plants as needed.
- Assist in receiving plant deliveries which requires lifting and moving plants.
- As needed, process payments for purchases.
- Assist Plant Specialist with plant maintenance and care duties
- Water the retail area 2- 3 times per week, or as needed.
- Perform plant health activities on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure all plants are properly labeled and have price tags.
- Make soil bags & replenish stock on the nursery floor as needed.
- Support and work RBG yearly plant sales.
- Work RBG Garden events (most during weekend evenings).
- Ensure plants are labeled and priced for the sale.
- Other varies task that may be required to ensure a professional & successful sale.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Nursery Sales Assistant in subject line.