Garden Greeter (open as of May, 2019)
The Ruth Bancroft Dry Garden is a nationally significant collection and display of drought tolerant plants from arid regions of the world which Ruth Bancroft found can thrive in the inland coastal region of California. The Garden is a public, non-profit organization, open for tours with a thriving retail plant nursery 6 days a week. The Garden has over 1,600 members, and will have over 15,000 visitors in 2016. The Sales Host’s main responsibility is to partner with another kiosk host in the visitor kiosk focusing on membership sales and improving the customer’s experience. Kiosk host may also need to assist the Nursery in plant sales and other nursery task.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests as they arrive, collect admission fees, and orient them to the Garden and Nursery. Provide Self-guided Tour Booklets and any other information needed.
- Focus on selling memberships to non-members by informing them of the benefits.
- Provide good customer service to visitors and members to help ensure their experience is a positive one.
- Assist nursery staff in selling plants and Garden merchandise.
- Keep records of all memberships sold and income collected using provided forms and point of sale system.
- Assist managers and other employees on opening and closing the Garden. The Garden is open to the public from 10-4.
- Responsible for cash management and balancing the register at the close of each shift.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills. Willingness to learn about the Garden and answer basic questions from the public.
- Ability to process payments and follow office paperwork procedures.
- Knowledge of succulent plants and/or gardening is a plus.
Rate of Compensation:$14.00 per hour
Part time, Saturdays & Sundays, 9:45 AM-5:15 PM
Reports to: Sales Director
Email cover letter and resume to Sales Director: Tracy Fletcher: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Garden Greeter in the subject line.