For Immediate Hire: Part Time Garden Marketing & Events Manager at the Ruth Bancroft Garden
The Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery is seeking a part time marketing and events manager to work alongside the Marketing Director and RBG team to help promote the Garden & Nursery and grow our customer base across each business area. In addition, the Marketing & Events Manager will serve as the project lead, working with staff and volunteer teams, in planning and executing the Garden’s special events. This part time position is approximately 25 hours per week with the possibility of growing into a full-time position in the future. As a small, non-profit botanical garden and nursery we all wear many hats, so a flexible, team player attitude is essential.
- Work with Marketing Director in developing and executing marketing campaigns to support each principal business area – visitors, membership, nursery sales, private events and landscape design.
- Use your creative skills to develop digital content and social media campaigns to consistently grow our audience, engagement and physical traffic to the Garden & Nursery.
- Assist in developing various print collateral using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or other graphic design tools
- Create website content related to Garden events and marketing campaigns; and assist with maintaining our online store using WordPress and Woo Commerce.
- Monitor social activity, listening and responding where appropriate
- Track and analyze social/online media campaign results utilizing Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Assist with the production of weekly Nursery enewsletter and other email marketing communications using Constant Contact.
- Promote Garden events and activities across multiple external online calendars each month.
- Monitor social media trends and social activity, listening and responding where appropriate
Garden Events Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning, execution and post event resolution for the Garden’s special events which include: Annual Garden Gala (spring), Summer Social Popups (Jun/Jul/Aug), Garden of d’Lights (Nov- Dec.), and other smaller one day community events. Larger events are supported by committees of staff and volunteers, but the Events Manager will be the staff lead
- Plan, manage and execute logistics for special events including budgeting, scheduling, catering, rentals, mailings, registration and other supporting activities in coordination with marketing, membership, and sales staff
- On the day of the event, you will be the point person in charge of working with outside vendors for delivery, set-up, and clean-up
- Manage auction software used to support Annual Gala (donations, online auction, ticketing etc.)
- Interface with Board members, staff, volunteers, donors and event vendors as well as city offices to make all pertinent arrangements
- Work with Volunteer Manager to determine staffing needs and train event volunteer support team
- Outgoing, people-person who loves the excitement of watching special events come to life and enjoys taking the lead to ensure that the event is a positive and memorable experience for all
- Responsive and reliable with the ability to prioritize, exercise initiative and work independently
- A quick study, self-starter who knows how to find information and teach yourself new skills
- Team Player & willing to pitch in wherever needed and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing and event management
- Excellent command of all marketing tactics and the ability to use data to optimize marketing strategies and measure results
- Social media savvy
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead committees and oversee volunteers and external vendors
- Excellent writer and creative content creator – graphic design, photography and video skills a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable
- Experience using Constant Contact, MailChimp, or other similar email marketing software
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics highly desirable
- Experience utilizing auction or other fundraising software a plus
- Interest in plants or gardening would be a plus, but not required
- Compensation: $20hr – $23hr depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Due to Covid-19, the candidate will likely work a majority of their hours remotely, but it is also possible to work on-site if needed. Candidate will be expected to be on-site during events and to meet with vendors and volunteer teams in planning events.
- Work hours are somewhat flexible but would generally occur Tuesday – Friday between the hours of 9am – 4pm. Weekend and evening hours will be required on the days Garden events occur.
To Apply, please send a resume and cover letter, including a detailed listing of all relevant software program knowledge and your level of experience using them to email@example.com Please put Marketing & Events Manager in the subject line.